Monday, January 28, 2008
A Snow Day in January
In Hermiston, Oregon we are rarely graced with more than an inch or two of the fluffy white stuff at one time... Yet one thing about life - always expect the unexpected. After a night of freezing rain it started snowing yesterday and dumped more than 6 inches. Places like St. Paul, Minnesota, Anchorage, Alaska or even just La Grande and Baker, Oregon, would scoff at this minute amount, but in Hermiston the town just about shuts down. Of course school was closed, the children and teachers cheered while the parents cursed. My own children embarked on a sledding excursion with their father while I took a day to myself. After a delightful lunch at Hale's, our town's hometown favorite restaurant, I decided to take my camera in hand and capture some of our snowy winter wonderland. Here is what I saw.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Pole fence
Endless fences... endless snow
1 comment:
LOVE it!! So glad you're doing this :)
And your pictures are GREAT!!
Post a Comment